Check it out, folks! Your humble t/e editor can now be seen at brightestyoungthings.com, writing about food, and generally doing things that are both bright and young (including stuff that is waay outside my general knowledge base).
Check out my first post, on the Zagat guide’s attempt at cheap food rankings for DC, here.
- Restaurant Week participants announced. The big question: is it really worthwhile? [Washington.org, Best Bites Blog]
- DC’s Zagat Guide for 2009 arrives. A tip: review ten restaurants, get a free guide – for next year. [DC Foodies]
- The Appletini is dead. Long live the Appletini? …no. [metrocurean]
- Columbia Heights attains another marker of creeping yuppification: a wine bar. [Prince of Petworth]
- A Mighty Appetite launches its “Eat Local Challenge.” Have you been shopping at your local farmers market? [A Mighty Appetite]
- Anthony Bourdain was in DC last week. Read about his feelings on politics and the dinner table – something that is pretty inescapable in our little corner of the world. [No Reservations Blog]